Monday, January 23, 2012

The Sick Masochistic Lion and the Stupid Lamb


As white and calm her face
As the solitary valley post snowstorm
Wafted the wind touching her palms,
Ah! It was glacial cold.

Spellbinder she seemed,
Mesmerized I followed,
Exceptionally fast, too speedy to catch.
She was pacing? She was flying.
An inch above, from the green grass.

Breezy swift, lightly fast
Galloped I after, in green wood vast
Once I succeeded to touch her finger nail
Thunder of frost, through my veins sail.
Snatched elle off, vanished in the green.
Rapid, imitation! Lifespan Nay me seen.
For an instant she stood, tempted and ran
Disappeared in broad forest, mysterious she again.

Chasing her, running after, I lost her any sight
Wide greens, open sky, and the heavenly twilight
There she was, still, stood in cold and charm
Here I, hypnotized, what a stupid lamb! And warm.
Violet flowers, white lilies, stretch emerald meadow
Sparkling face, neck, bare hands! There was no shadow

Nay we said, nay we talked, only eye to eye
She - lion on left, lamb on right ‘n’ wish to together die.

PostScript : I am a big fan of Twilight Series and Bella and Edward. I was irked of writing love-sick sad poems and wanted to write something different this time. All of a sudden a thought bubbled to write about my favorite characters and I happened to write this poem. Not intentionally, but very while writing this poem, I happened to exchanged roles of Edward and Bella with each other. As Breaking Dawn is released and we all know Bella too is a vampire now, I have portrayed Bella as ‘The Sick Masochistic Lion’ and Edward as ‘The Stupid Lamb’.

I am looking forward to readers’ reaction on this effort of mine and then I may add some more poems to the series. Most probably describing pain of Jacob Black and unexpressed, suppressed, confused feelings of Bella for him.




Your valuable comments below:

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. But i would have been more thankful if you could specified the reason and some suggestions.
      I would try to do better next time.

      Thanks, Ashish :)

      Delete

A comment is the sign of your valuable presence; please leave one: